Being able to relax is crucial to our health and our overall wellbeing. Stress is part of our everyday lives and how we deal with stress is important. Mental and physical health can all be affected by stress and sometimes it can be as easy to combat as taking a dip in an above ground pool. These are some pointers on how to relax and stay healthy.
- Accept that stress exists. Some stress is needed in your life to both motivate you and keep you excited. Having a balance of the stress is key to staying healthy.
- Make time in your life for yourself. Regardless of how you de-stress, you need to have time to do it. For some this seems impossible, however even 15 minutes can do wonders.
- Deep Slow Breathing can ease the nerves. Probably the easiest way to relax, breathing deeply in through your nose and slowly out your mouth. Think about the stress and anxiety leaving your body as you exhale.
- Swimming in above ground pools will significantly reduce stress. Exercise is a well-known, scientifically proven method to reduce stress. A daily dip in the above ground pool can be all that you need, and if you are a swimmer dont hesitate to take a lap or two.
- Think positively. Being positive isnt about being whimsical: its all about looking at the bright side and avoid adding any negativity. Jumping to negative conclusions can be the downfall of stress release. Think about the things you say about yourself and make sure that you believe what you are saying. Be positive.
- Avoid guilt. Guilt is a powerful source of stress and one best avoided. If you find an activity makes you feel guilty, then stop doing it. Dont be afraid to see professional help if you need it.
- Find an activity or hobby that relaxes you. Sometimes the best way to combat stress is to simply stop thinking about what is making you stressed. Things like sewing, reading, writing, or painting are great for this.
- Laugh more. Watch a funny movie or TV show. Laughing and smiling release endorphins into your blood which fight stress. Laughter really is the best medicine.
- Learn to disconnect. Walking away from your phone and/or computer can be relaxing in and of itself. If you feel the need to make an instantaneous rely in anger to someone or something that has raised your ire, learn to walk away instead of replying. Dealing this the issue when you are calm will help both you and the other individual to stay happier.
- Give more hugs. This is an underestimated method and can be used to both say hello and goodbye to friends and family. Hugging others will more often than not make them feel better, but the awesome side effect is that you are getting a hug as well.
Stress is something that is a part of our everyday lives and dealing with it is a constant effort. Something as easy as swimming in an above ground pool or giving people a hug can have a tremendous effect on your life and your happiness.